The metaphorical meaning of bras and the fact that I don't care....


Bras!!

I wear beige bras. Flesh tones are my bolder holders must have color. I love the simplicity of it. I don't have to worry about what bra to wear with what outfit. I don't have to worry about it showing through or being easily seen. Somehow this translates into my life. A metaphorical way of saying I am boring. Speaking in code about my life through my bra color. Does it change if my underwear color varies? Do I get extra sexy points if the color of my under garments vary from subtle neutrals to fluorescent flowers? Someone figure out a point system please!
I will proudly wear the boring title if that means I get to keep my modesty and not become those head case girls who need to look sexy under clothes that they take off for no one (or everyone). I am good with being in the middle between stripper barely there butt floss and days of the week undies. All these other colors for bras befuddle me. Do I really need to wear a lacy, ribbon covered, blood red bra? Spend 60 dollars on that contraption that will be worn possibly once, it'll be uncomfortable, and it's not like I have anyone to wear it for anyways. So here I sit in my comfy beigeness.
I went on a whim a few weeks ago on the encouragement of a friend to "spice it up a bit" and bought a pink bra. I felt confident about the purchase. Brought it home, left it in the bag for 3 weeks. It didn't match with any outfits and I certainly wasn't going to have it show through my shirt for all to see. When I finally put it on to wear around while running errands I felt ridiculous. I'm a mother of 3 kids and the bra I'm wearing is the same color as my daughter's shirt. (palm to forehead)
So I'm a beige girl. So what!?! I am awesome in so many other ways! I like doing my hair funky and letting my kids do my makeup. I can cook dinner, dance to music, and carry a child on my hip. I speak fluently in movie quotes. I can handle about 3 margaritas before I become completely ridiculous. I mean, I'm kind of a big deal. Anybody would be lucky to have this beige bra wearing woman. So here's the thing, I'm not changing my bra color. I'm happy being me. And if somehow my bra color means that I'm a snooze in life or in bed then I guess that is just your preconceived idea and your loss. BEIGE BRA WEARERS UNITE!!

Comments

Popular Posts